Upper Berlowitz Watershed Master Plan
LocationTippecanoe County, IN
Time Period2013 - 2015
CBBEL has been working with Tippecanoe County and the city of Lafayette in the Julius Berlowitz watershed since 1992. The upper portion of the watershed has not been developed, and the city requested a master plan layout of the roads, sanitary and water infrastructure, and stormwater conveyance system. It was their hope that the master plan would show them how to maximize the development potential of this 600-acre area while limiting impacts to the current drainage patterns.
The master plan outlines the site’s anticipated future development. CBBEL incorporated trails, bike lanes and pedestrian paths into the plan that includes a preliminary design for roads, water, stormwater conveyance and sanitary sewers. CBBEL also used existing topography to integrate low impact development in the system’s design.
- Analyze previous hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Wetland delineation and report
- Existing condition hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Preliminary design of regional stormwater conveyance system
- Master plan layout of roads, water, stormwater and sanitary infrastructure
- Develop preliminary construction plans
- Future condition hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Document recommendations and design in final master plan report
- Attend meetings with city and county stakeholders