Eisenhower Detention Basin
Time Period2015 - 2016
After conducting a drainage study for the south side of Warsaw, CBBEL determined the Eisenhower Basin project was the highest priority to kick-start the study’s recommended improvements. CBBEL updated the hydraulic model, incorporating low impact development and best management practices, and also provided project team coordination, a wetland survey, permitting, bid documents and bidding assistance.
The project will provide immediate drainage relief and stormwater runoff storage in a highly-visible area of the city. The design included green infrastructure and low impact development alternatives that will be sustainable and therefore reduce overall costs for the city. It will serve as a flagship project that will provide momentum for future drainage improvement projects.
- Detention basin to provide drainage relief and storage
- Green infrastructure practices to offer sustainable design solutions
- Updated hydraulic model incorporating low impact development
- Top priority project recommended by CBBEL’s south side drainage study
- Immediate benefit for the community in a problematic area