As a Bicycle Friendly Business, The Burke Group (parent company of CBBEL) provides mileage reimbursement, changing facilities and bicycle storage for our employees while promoting bicycling for the environment, fun, fitness and transportation. Since the creation of our year-round Bike to Work program in 2006, employees have ridden nearly 250,000 miles. Biking to work encourages employee health and fitness and morale, and also helps the environment as well as corporate image.
Previously a Gold status company, in 2014 the League of American Bicyclists awarded The Burke Group Platinum status as a Bicycle Friendly Business. The Bicycle Friendly Business Program recognizes employers’ efforts to encourage a more bicycle friendly atmosphere for employees and clients and honors innovative bike friendly efforts.
CBBEL Bike to Work Facts
- more than 150 participating employees
- 483,000 pounds of CO2 eliminated
- more than 12,000,000 calories burned
- more than $55,000 in gas money saved
- $0.75 per mile for every mile commuted
- $1,500 toward bike purchase for highest bike mileage each year (boy AND girl)
- Equipment reimbursement program
- Health club memberships for showering facilities
- Monthly breakfast
- Quarterly giveaways (lights, vests, tubes, etc.)